ride Around what I thought would be a cool area to live and come home
with a few choices for homes to move the family into.
Today, I am exhausted, beat down BUT, successful. The first areas
that I thought would be cool to live in turned into a bust but I
guess, to quote the Joker, you need to crack a few eggs to make an
omelet. It pushed us to find cheaper options. We dis find a house
that I liked in apopka that would have been custom built, but it would
have made us house poor. And
Gale was right if you move to a place like Orlando ( or it's
surrounding areas) you are going to want to do stuff ( lots of it!).
After almost melting down and Gale having her calm head on - the
meltdown was my own, not hers, we settled in on Friday night and
started researching new builders a little bit further out in Mount
Dora. Turns out God had a plan that we just had to find with a little
nudge. Mount Dora has one of the best public elementary schools in
the area. A definte plus! We also found the builder I liked in
apopka - they had a sister development ( with the same blueprints) for
30,000 less. Ok, you think score, right? Well, because we wanted to
see other options we pulled several other builders in the area, just
to be safe. There was even one builder that was in the process of
selling one of the models. So, we called the real estate agent,
Leigh, and told her about the sister development. We didn't tell her
about the other builders so we could see if she would find the same
ones we did. Gave her the qualifications of just looking at new
builds. I had also foind the model so I had her check it's
availability.
Ok so we had a plan, we weren't set to meet Leigh until later in the
afternoon so we set our on our own to look at the neighborhoods and
see if any were worthwhile. Turns out that was a direct hit. The
first one on the list was a massive new subdivision, wondrous
amenities and everything. Then we went to the second one, centex,
again wonderful new development, we drove around it, then Leigh called
to check in and plan our meet. We told her what we were doing and she
mentioned that she spoke to the sales office that had the model for
sale. Since Leigh was working with another client, we collectively
decided to go ahead and tour summerbrook w/out her and we could come
back to it if we liked it. We toured the empty one story and it
looked kind of small, and went to the next one- the sales office. It
was actually the same size as the empty house, but with furnishings in
it, it didn't seem that small.
Very nice in fact! Then we saw the model that is for sale.
Holy cow! Perfect! ok so don't get your hopes up, we still had to go
to the sister development that had the one I fell in love with on
apopka. So we spent a lot of time in the Savannah model in
summerbrook. We talked about the different options that were
available if we built that one new rather than having the model. She
also gave us a ton of information on mount dora and encouraged us to
tour the town while we grabbed some lunch. We did and I fell in love
with the town.
We went to centex and their builds wouldn't get us in time to get the
tax credit so we didn't bother looking at the models and moved to the
massive subdivision. Long story short, that one was too expensive
too. Then off to the sister development, I was almost sure it would
be our last stop because I loved the floorplan and upgrades
available. We went through the model confirmed we still loved it and
proceeded to start drilling the prices into the base to see what it
would run with the upgrades. Well it turns out that a lot of the
upgrades were very COSTLY!! Before we even started on the interior
options, we had already added 15k. Yeah, I'm not thinking so. I told
Leigh I wanted to go backto summerbrook. She wasn't with us the first
time, so she wanted to see it anyway. in going through the options,
a lot of the interior options I would have chosen at the other. House
were INCLUDED!!!! volume ceilings 42inch cabinets, tile, sikestone
counters (not laminate). Soooo needless to say I am on my way home
now and will be returning in a few days. I have to call my broker to
find out what I need to do, but either way, I know what subdivision I
will be living in now, it's just a matter of when. Victory!! I am
exausted, but happy... Time to land and head home. Whew... What a week.
Until next time,
Kel
Sent from my iPod
No comments:
Post a Comment