Monday, January 11, 2010

Grandpa and the kids

There's always a story to be had in pictures. That's why we like them so much I think. It's always nice to imagine the personalities behind the picture's subjects. Whether it is something dark and deep and artistic, something envisioned to convey a sale or an ad, or just trying to capture a sweet moment between loved ones (such as this one). I love watching my daughter with her grandparents. It reminds me of when I was a kid and held on to every moment with my grandparents that I could. My maternal grandparents were the best. It's been almost 24 years since we lost my grandmother and 18 years since we lost my grandfather and yet, I can still hear her hearty laughter in my head and my grandfather trying to pick a fight just by stating something opposite of me - regardless if that is what he believed or not. I miss them both, and I miss my dad's father too, Granddaddy, but I never spent as much time with him as I did Nana and Buppy. (yes that is typed right, that's a blog for another day)

They did everything to make my life heaven in summers when I would visit them in New England. We went to the beach on the weekends, to Old Orchard Beach, or just around the corner to Hampton Beach to walk the boardwalk, down to Boston for shopping or just sitting outside by my grandfather's body shop to wave at the passers by. (There wasn't anyone in Seabrook who didn't know Kay and Elmer Stetson during that time). Cooking lobsters on Friday nights... These are the things that make memories, not just to enjoy but to reminisce with when you are older. Yep... I still miss those times - we had fun during those times. Again, this is how you are supposed to remember those that have touched our lives... with happiness, fun, and beautiful images you wish you had captured on film...

I am trying to help my kids with their memories by taking pictures when those moments occur... This was one of them... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment