Monday, May 19, 2008

Well another day, not much done. Mondays are always pretty shaky as far as wanting to get anything done. I did get some of Kelle's stuff started for her Accenture ORT testing and that was a good thing, because I had no motivation what-so-ever. I think from now on I need to turn the pc completely off and let the music come from downstairs or the iPod or something. Too much temptation for wanting to play rather than work. I am sure in normal workloads I accomplished something, but I am usually more productive than that. Oh well.

I sent an email to Tom (my FIL) asking him what he wanted for his birthday/father's day. Not sure what he'll say other than us to come visit. Which at this point, I'll gladly do. I love it down there. The pond is so serene!!! It's hard to remember that there's a technological world out there when you sit there even for 5 minutes.

Ashleigh and Alex did pretty good today. We had a bumpy start to dinner (Alex is going through the "not eating anything but junk phase". Ugh.

You know, it's pretty sad. Earlier in the day, I had a ton that I could have blogged about but now have lost the "items" that I wanted to talk about.

I do know that my photography stuff is one of the items. The class this weekend was GREAT!!! I had a blast. Unfortunately, now I have come out of it wanting another lens for the camera. The 100mm Macro (does a 1:1 ratio - ULTRA CLOSE UPS!!!). One of the guys let me play with his for a shot while I was there and I fell in LOVE. Maybe in a few paychecks with donations for my birthday I may be able to get one. We'll see.

Anyway, in emailing Tom, I realized that I haven't heard from Gale yet on the pictures. I'm not sure if she was blocked from looking at her email (or the pictures) while at work, so maybe I'll have something in my inbox tomorrow morning.

I am planning to go see Mom on Friday. I'm going to help hook up her TV, Stereo and clean out the spare room while I am there. Should keep us pretty busy while I am there. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing her. I know she misses us, especially being so alone up there (Note to self - gotta remember to take her picture while I am there for her passport). I also need to remember to buy the optic cable for the stereo too.

Oh! I remember what I was going to blog about. My dear friend who is having all the relationship issues. I think you can actually add me to that list of people she's not talking to now. I gave her a smart aleck answer on Thursday and haven't heard anything since. She said something about if things didn't start to clear up soon, she'd have to take the week off and hide in a quiet dark place. My comment? "Yeah, that'll make it go away." After that, the conversation turned ice cold and she hasn't spoken (IM'd me) since. Crazy stuff. I can't imagine what she's going through, nor do I want to, but at some point she needs to stand up and take control of herself. She let a wimp of a man steal her heart (not blaming her for that part) but she let him continue to stomp on her until she had nothing left. Then when she decided to vent to someone, the wimp got the message instead and I guess all hell broke loose from there. Freudian slip? Maybe. Maybe it was an honest mistake. Either way, her true feelings are out there and now she's having to deal with it. Painful it may be, but I think one of the best things to happen to get her head out of the clouds and back down on Earth.

You know, I keep having flashes of Bridget Jones in my head here for what I type in this thing. "Everyone knows that diaries are full of crap..." Sometimes they are, sometimes they are for the things we cannot say or things we want to make sure we can remember. I know if my friends read this, I'll probably get into trouble (notice - no names have been written - just in case some one I know stumbles upon this... my id is not a hard one to hack) but I think I am at the point where if they are truly my friends, then they know that I do not have much tact when it comes to what I think and I am old enough to know the consequences and fully accept it. I can't remember which friend I was talking to the other day in IM, but even from a long distance, they know that I speak what is on my mind and 99.99% of the time, I do not regret it. My opinions are just that. My opinion. I usually offer it freely (sometimes too freely) but if I am asked I will answer honestly. If you don't want to know the answer to the question - truthfully, then don't ask. (JBSL used to say he loved that part about me and he NEVER had to wonder about where he stood with me.) This other friend, I have been dancing and avoiding situations where I am asked directly so as to "preserve" my moment of truth speaking for an appropriate time - they were not ready for it and didn't want to really hear it. Sometimes however, my flair for sarcasm gets the best of me and the comments are usually hard to stop. Oh well. I'm not going to dwell on it. If she contacts me, then good I'm glad there isn't permanent damage. However, if I don't hear from her, I'll probably ask in a couple of days to make sure. If it's the end, well then, that's that and I wish her well. I'll miss talking to her, but I know how to step back when its time... (Probably explains why I don't have many "long lasting" friendships. I have Frank (of course), Brian R, JBSL, Jen, Terry, Suzanne, Taina, Steph, and that's really all of them. Hmmmm... after 37 years, you would have thought I would know better on how to keep them. Or, maybe... I did keep the ones that count... Now there's food for thought...

I guess I'll close on that one.

Until l8r,
Kel

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and I forgot to add Chris to that list of friends that I have kept for a while too. Sorry Chris!!!

    ReplyDelete