
This picture gives the illusion of being underwater. Life has a funny way of doing the same thing. On a normal day, you have your "normal" schedule - get up, get the kids dressed for school, get them breakfast, load up the car, drop them off at daycare, come back start work - email mostly, analysis, more email, meetings, lunch - brief one at that, more meetings, more email, service requests, surf the internet, watch more email, Frank comes home, I work til about 5:30 or 6:00, we go get the kids, grab/eat dinner, get the kids ready for bed - it's 9 by this time (playing w/kids and baths take up a lot of time); I usually get prodded to go play a ps3 game with Frank instead of playing on the computer, sometimes I get to play a little bit but not too often these days.
On bad days, I don't do all the work I am supposed to, I don't get to play on the pc like I want, I don't get to play ps3 like I want... let's face it, there's just not enough hours in the day. I haven't even been able to work out lately - walking or the gym because I am getting killed with work time and everyday life. Where do you find the balance? How can you get it all done without sacrificing the family life that you so much adore? How do you put a schedule to real life? It's almost if not always is, impossible. If I knew where to ask Frank for help then I could do it, but I don't even know where to borrow the time from. Maybe I need a change of some sort to be able to get things back in order. But what kind of change? A job change, priority shift - nothing comes in front of my kids obviously, I had such a good time taking my pictures and have many to play with, but have not been able to even glimpse at them, much less make the compositions I want. There are double and triple exposures that I want to do. All of this doesnt even include the yard work I want to do now that I finally have grass growing in the back yard. Ugh. Something has got to give soon. I just hope it's not me. Perfect example? I am again typing this from the bed while Frank watches the rest of Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith and it's 11:30 (I get up at 6:30 with the alarm on weekdays).
I guess it's time to start really using my daytimer again and scheduling time in my Outlook and at home for 'me' time. I know I'll figure it out, it's just going to take some trial and error.
I'm going to visit Mom tomorrow and I'll be back Saturday night. I'll have Sunday and Monday to rest up and figure out a plan for how to work this out.
Well, Padme is about to kick the bucket with the twins, so I guess it's time to close.
Until l8r,
Kel
No comments:
Post a Comment