http://redtape.msnbc.com/2008/05/two-lives-one-1.html#posts
OK, the above link is a long story, but it is an important one. It's about identity theft but without affecting your credit report. Um, sorry, what was that??? Yep you read it right. It did not affect the victim's credit.
OK, I am all for people coming to our beloved country to make a better life for themselves. Hell, I applaud them for doing so because it means that our country is a place others still want to be. However, I think you need to go through the process to stay here. I have MANY friend that I work with and so does Frank that have gone through the system, albeit the gov't is bass-ackwards on a lot that it does, they still went through the process. One even became a citizen!
I think the part that really pissed me off about this post was the fact that the victim in this incident was "afraid for doing the right thing". She stopped one person (God only knows how many more actually have it) from using her SSN and beat on the government agencies to do so but she won her battle - for the most part. Now she's afraid that if they find out who she really is, they will retailate against her. OK, the fact that the guy was in the wrong to begin with for stealing her id should be enough, but it's not. Many will call her insensitive, uncaring, etc. Especially when you get to the part about the 3 pairs of goggles hanging outside the door for the kids that went to the pool. While I admit our systems are horrible for anyone wanting to come in, it still does not excuse them from coming in illeagally. If I did something like that, they'd call me a horrible American and try to throw my ass in jail. Here? It sounds like some are trying to drum up sympathy because of the country they came from.
In my opinion - and I know this will get me slaughtered, but, I believe that if the people wanting to leave the country spend the same efforts in trying to make their country better instead of leaving, it might start to take a turn for the better. I understand that it would be a LOT of work and a LOT of time, but, how long have they been trying to escape?
Just my thoughts...
Kel
No comments:
Post a Comment