Thursday, May 29, 2008

Another Sleepless night?

Nah, I don't think so. I just wanted to vent about today and then I'll be going to sleep.

Today was pretty frustrating. I started out in a great mood, the ORT testing went well, although very long, but successful. Then the afternoon tanked. Had about 30 minutes to eat lunch and look at flickr. Cathie gave me some tips to help get my comments and feedback on pictures started. It'll take time to build, but you know what, that's ok. I get to do what I enjoy to get the audience and feedback.

Anyway, back to work. Lunch ended around 1:30. I starte working on an issue for Chris while he was out - for 2 weeks and won't be back til June 6th. I opened the problem ticket, BD fixed the issue, then life was good... so I thought. The client wanted the reports re-run as they use it every day. Ugh... OK. Let me check into it, and I'll get back to you. 3 hours, 2 meetings and lots of cussing of software and I am still trying to get the damn reports to run. I figure out the items and the elements (concord sux, btw, did I mention that???) and how to run the report. Good deal... Run report... wait 1 minute or so... No data available... F*** we fixed it, why is this happenting to me??? I hate concord... Ping BD. Dude, the reports are still showing no data. He looks at it, we move to another console where the report can be run. Aha!! data.

Wait... incomplete data... *starts beating head on desk* ok, can we just try a couple to make sure I have the report, then I'll come back to do it later. He says sure and says, 'Oh, btw, you know those are 3 sep reports in one, right?" *Hangs head in defeat and emails client. You'll have the reports tomorrow after the schedule runs again.

there was no way I was going to run 18 reports for a daily. Ridiculous.

Anyway, no work on my stuff other than battling tape audit. This is a messed up process and I REALLY need to get it documented in a friendlier fashion. No one knows wth is going on with it because the resource who built it was laid off and the manager/ba who designed it with him is moving to the new company from the split. Just effing great... 6:05... crap! we're running late to get the kids.

I had no time to prepare my breakfasts for the week, the bean bread or even dinner. I was exhausted.

Kelle is back tomorrow... she'll be cranky and I know I won't want to talk to her for a while. Hopefully she had a good trip though... she can have her clients back! :)

Oh, well, enough bitching about work.

Until later,
Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment