OK, now I am using Frank's laptop and watching Episode 3 of Star Wars. I love 'no think' TV before bed. There's something about learning to turn off your head at night that makes it easier to sleep. I know for some people it stimulates them but for me, it relaxes me.
Anyway, back to today. The re-org announcement came out and there really wasn't much difference for me and whow I report to. It does bait some questions, but a lot of them are still undecided per my manager. So regardless of what questions I have, I won't get any answers.
Update on friend that wasn't talking to me. I contacted her today to see if things were OK after the storms and she was. Only lost her phone for a while and no damage. Seems she has patched things with her "friend" they had dinner together last night. I refuse to ask any more questions about it. If she wants an effed up relationship, then let her. Her common sense is being overridden. :-( Whatever.
I talked to Mom today. She seemed to be doing OK. I think she's a little nervous about me coming up. Not sure why. She seems a bit apprehensive, but she'll just have to get over that part. I'm proud of her for the changes she is making w/the house. They are things Dad wanted her to do. She just feels guilty spending the money, but that's her own perception and she's the one that has to deal with it.
OK, so the story behind my MIL... I guess about 2 months ago she was in Newnan helping her sister-in-law's sister (families can be so confusing sometimes...) pack up and get ready to move to TX to be closer to relatives. OK, keep in mind for those who do not know where Newnan is, it's about an hour or less away from our house. Also keep in mind that she - my MIL has NEVER, repeat NEVER seen my son and has only seen Ashleigh once - when she was 3 months old. She lives in the western part of AL but it's still only about a 5 to 6 hour drive from here, but that's beside the point. She blames that on me and her not "feeling welcome" here. (she's right.)
Anyway, she was in Newnan a couple of months ago and had asked Frank if it was ok to come and visit, prior to her trip there. We never really set a time, just a date. (She's notorious for saying one thing and doing another). She called at 8pm that night and told Frank that she had to stay there to keep an eye on Paula (ok, Paula is a grown woman and can keep herself for an hour or two... or better yet, bring her along!) and cancelled out. He hasn't talked to her since. Didn't call her on her birthday, nor on Mother's day. Needless to say, he's a lot perturbed. Who could blame him. OK. Fast forward to today, she called sounding defeated/depressed/normal for her/whatever you want to call it and asked Frank to call her. He didn't pick up and basically said he has no intention of calling her. I keep hoping one day that she'll get a clue (it is his mother after all...) and try to make things right, but it seems like all she does is take one step forward and then 20 backwards. Personally, I don't have the need to talk to her anymore. My last fight with her after my dad's passing was enough for me. Granted that one was not a blow out, but I've said all I have to say.
It's sad that it has to come to that. Especially now that we have children and how much Frank and I both loved our grandparents. Kinda sad actually. At least they will know the love they receive from Tom and Gale and my Mom. That'll be enough to sustain them. They are the world to those people and for that I am thankful.
It's getting pretty late and I (amazingly) have run out of things to say again. Funny how that happens.
Time to close for now.
Until later,
Kel
No comments:
Post a Comment