Anyway, today was a strange kind of day. In one sense, it was frustrating because something we (my co-worker and I) have been trying to get done backfired. And not from lack if effort on our part. The only thing, and my Dad warned me of this years ago, is that every thing plays into politics. Those of you who know me, you know that is one of the things I hate most about my job. Anyway, to make this part of the post short - I told you - is a statement that is not strong enough for what we tried to prepare our management for even as early as last month. :(
On the other side of the coin today, I had two managers standing outside of my cube talking to each other about how they though I was a good employee. One comment was "a diamond in the rough" and the other one mentioned about being a "keeper". I will admit, after telling them that they didn't know what they were talking about and got them to walk away, it made me smile again to know that what I do, does not go unnoticed (by the people that have input to my actual job reviews). I know this group is a loooonnnnnnnggggg way from being as good as it could be, but I am hanging on to hope that these managers are a step in the right direction rather than where we were before.
Another thing from this week. Ashleigh has been at Toms all week and it has been a struggle for me. I know she's having fun and making the memories like the ones I have and will always treasure but I still miss my baby girl. 2 more days and I will be fussing at her just like before. :). I love my kids, they are awesome beyond words (something they get from their daddy) and I am so proud of them both. It's actually hurt my heart a couple of times this week watching Alex adjust to the house without her. He was lost for the first couple of days and now he has the countdown. I hope that he remembers this and that I can use it as blackmail for him later in life. :)
Kelly
Sent from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment