Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 2 - trying to build a habit

Day 2 - trying to build a habit

They say that confession is good for the soul. (no, I don't have a deep dark secret that would get me into a soap opera scenario...). They also say that the more you write/create the more you want to write/ create. I've been going through a creative rut lately where I have not edited/taken any photos (other than a couple of family shots here or there). I am trying to find out why.

The past month has been one of my busiest since the move to Florida. My best friend came down for a visit, I went to spend time with my mom in AL, I had a birthday celebration with my in-laws and celebrated fathers day that same weekend, maintained quite the busy load at work, and just tried to keep my head above water this week. When I put it down on "paper", it doesn't look like a whole bunch unless you start putting more details in. For example, while Jen was here, we went to Disney and downtown Disney. While at Moms we moved boxes and unpacked them in her new apartment (which I am still glad she's there). When I got back we spent a little more time with Jen, Terry and Dylan at downtown Disney and spent the rest of the afternoon at DisneyQuest with the kids. Worked the week then had the weekend celebration... Worked the rest of that weekend, shipped Ashleigh off to Toms spent the next day at Hollywood studios (yes we are getting our money's worth out of the passes). Worked the week and now back to get Ashleigh this weekend, the 4th of July. I am not sure about you, but I normally don't like to sit home on the holidays so I can make it fun for the kids. But I'll tell you what, at some point, I am going to feel really exhausted soon.

So maybe I have spent so much time rushing around that there has been no time to take/create my pictures. To me, though, it sounds like an excuse. I don't feel the immediate need for the camera right now and it scares me because I love taking my pictures. So, one the 4th is over, I think I am going to force myself into the Picture a Day routine - maybe a week, depending on how it feels when I start, and see what rekindles.

Your thoughts and advice are welcome at this point.

Kel


Kelly

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment