Thursday, July 21, 2011

Balance...

How do you find balance in your life?  Me?  It's easy, I don't.  I try my best to keep it level but there are times where I am not able to keep it and one thing falls to the wayside.

For many of you who know me, you know that I can multitask as good, if not better than most, but here lately it's not working as good as it used to.  Today at work, I had no motivation to get things done.  I was able to work on a few things, but I found myself drifting off into thoughts of pictures and where I can find another good spot to shoot in to get more stuff to work on at home in PhotoShop.  I ended up leaving late, getting home about the same time that hubby did with the kids, we got dinner ready.  Then, the kids were allowed to watch one episode of Clone Wars (the favorite right now...) and then they got off to the shower, they had a little quiet play time, then bed.  Before I knew it, it was 9:00  and they were asleep.  That's usually when I do the stuff that I am having a hard time balancing right now.  9p - whenever I go to bed is time for me and hubby.  Now, many of you also know that I have MANY interests. (part of the Gemini trait... or at least that's the excuse I've told myself since I learned about the Zodiac vs. the definition of "fickle")

Photography
Playstation 3 (RPG games, no shoot 'em up ones, just the ones with swords and stuff... )
Nintendo DS
Facebook
Gardens of Time game in Facebook
Facebook page for the photography

And I'm not complaining... it's been a while since you've heard me say "I'm bored" while at home.  I am blessed that I have all this stuff to do, in addition to Walt Disney World (all parks), the beaches and the pool.   (part of the perks of living in Florida...as long as you pay for the mouse priviledges...)

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to keep the balance because we just took on a big project for my team at work and that's going to start chewing into that time.  Although right now, I have drawn concrete lines in my time for work.  My mentor texted me something last week that I am trying to keep in perspective as all of this happens.  They said, "...do not let 'them' steal your time, or your focus..." I fell in love with the saying and I have been reminding myself of it since then.

I put in my 7-9 hours a day, depending on what's going on that day and I leave.  I normally don't check work email from home anymore (yes it was that bad for a while, which went poorly with the 12-13 hour days that we were already putting in).  When I leave work, I leave it there.  I talk to hubby about a little of it, but I can honestly tell you that the last big project that burned me out, taught me a lot about what I want in my life, how I want it to work and where I want to fight the balance issues.  I have to keep in mind, that the standard set before me, is one that "I" set for myself.  I like the fact that I am fighting the balance at home with the fun stuff, not family vs. work.  Something I am glad to say that I have reconciled.  Oh, and it doesn't hurt that I still have people looking over my resume out on the internet and still calling, because that lets me know that I don't have to be job scared... EVER.  Life for me?  IS FANTABULOUS!!!

I wish that all my friends and family can find that balance and enjoy life to the fullest.  I saw on a FB post today that I want to end with...


Just be yourself..because everyone else is already taken :)

Oh and um...aspire to inspire..before you expire!

....taken from Amy Cook Photography.... (check out her page... cool pics too!  Amy Cook Photography site

so, with that said, have a great night!
Until l8r!

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment