Friday, July 22, 2011

Taking steps...

Taking steps...

This morning I am sitting in the lobby of our local hospital awaiting my first mammogram. I started to do the check in on my Facebook site then cancelled out of it and I am trying to figure out why. It's not something to be embarrassed about. It is something that EVERY woman should do to help themselves and their families. Let's face it, by now, there should be a cure, but there isn't. The best way to fight it is EARLY detection. No excuses. Every one knows that it's out there. We all know the consequences that "could happen". It's a sad occurrence for me because I know TOO many people who are fighting for their lives right now in a battle with cancer. It terrifying to me to watch them battle every day for each extra day they receive or to know what could be if the worst was to happen. So, in the end put your fear and pride away and do what it takes to get those screenings and preventative steps. Isn't it worth it to you? If not for yourself then for you family who loves you. This goes for the men who read this too. Do your screenings and encourage your loved ones to do the same.

By the way, I had the mammogram in between typing the beginning of this post and this paragraph. It took no more than 15 - 20 minutes to do the entire set of pictures and it wasn't nearly as bad as anyone has ever led me to believe. No cold hard metal plates, yeah a bit of squishing here or there, but I see no excuse for ANYONE not to do it.

Kel


Kelly

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment