Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Golden


Golden, originally uploaded by peteypatriot (Busy! Busy!).

Well, tonight is the 2nd full night that would have gone without a blog of some sort, but I decided to go ahead and post something (the 4th of July one really didn't count).

Today was not a great day, although I am sure I had a better day than a lot of folks. Work was just 'OK', I have some how lost the "happy" that I had the week of my birthday. Not quite sure what happened there, but I'm trying to find it again. I guess it's just from being tired.

Then, Alex got into trouble yet again. Although there are some parents where it is a daily battle, it is not (nor will it ever be) the acceptable standard. I do not subscribe to the "boys will be boys" philosophy. Needless to say, Alex didn't have a good night either. =(

The night ended quiet, and peaceful. I watched Eclipse with Frank, typed a little spam on my Facebook (for those still reading, please click the link to the left to help donate to my walking efforts if so desired!), and just basically wasted the night away.

All in all, not bad when it's not that stressful. I do want to say, however, that I am yet again disappointed by something that is supposed to help make this country great. Our judicial (should be "joke"icial) system. After being indicted and convicted of lying to the police on 5 counts, they aquitted Casey Anthony in the murder of her child. Regardless if she drowned as told or if she did kill her, she should at least be found guilty by reason of neglect. WHAT KIND OF MOTHER DOESN'T REPORT A TODDLER MISSING FOR A MONTH?!?!?! I am appalled beyond words and tired of a "technicality" world. Loopholes and technicalities, and all of it. It's completely bogus on what should have been a shining light in a country that promises "justice for all". What happened to the justice that should have been afforded to that baby? It's a sad day and I hope Caylee is in a better place and that one day, somehow, someway, Casey Anthony pays the price for being a mom who didn't care enough for one of the most precious gifts in life.

OK, wow... that was a huge rant. :( Sorry. I promise to bring more light hearted stuff next time.

Until then... l8r,

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment