Well, I know I have written this a few times before and I am sure I will continue to do it, but, I've started working on my pictures again. OK, I said it last week, but this time, I continued the trend and kept going. 3 new pictures on the site, AND... I created a page in Facebook. Yep, that's right, I've branched out.
Amazingly, I have 48 people that have liked it. Wow! and so far, no one has given negative criticism or anything. You know, that's probably a majority of why I do not try to do this on the side (yet!). I am very initimidated by the other artists I follow. I have my own flair, so I am not afraid of copying anyone else's work, but, I am afraid that I am not good enough to keep up. I'm hoping within the next year or so to change that. I'm in the process of ordering my own prints (16x20 canvases - got the deals off of Groupon..) to hang in the house. This is a first since I was in Little Rock, just after I graduated college. Not sure what happened to make me think my stuff wasn't good enough, but, if I don't hang them on my walls, then why should anyone else? Right? well, that's what I am telling myself anyway. :)
Anyway, I'm having fun again with the pictures and I am getting ready to start some expanded learning in my IT industry to help keep that career going while I tinker with the hobby. I think if I continue with this line of stuff, then I will be set in what I choose from either side. :)
I've had quite a few compliments and I treasure every one of them. Especially when it comes from other photographers. I guess my self esteem in my art needs a lot of boosting. I'll chock it up to a character flaw and continue to work on them anyway.
Well, thank you to those who are reading, I appreciate you taking time out of your busy life to read about mine.
Until l8r,
Kel

No comments:
Post a Comment