
“Let your mind start a journey thru a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be...Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before.”
Erich Fromm
In thinking about the many wonderful people who are just joining the journey or returning (like me) this quote seems to resonate a little, doesn’t it?
“strange new world.” – An alien version of trying to eat/cook/live. You hear the lectures from people, doctors, nurses, friends/family offering advices (sometimes not solicited). It can be overwhelming. And often scary. But… you have found the Century Club. A club like no other. We offer support, answer questions, or simply just listen to a daily rant.
“Leave all the thoughts… you knew before.” – Ok, taken out of context just a bit, but it applies. You’re retraining yourself on a better way to eat. A better way to live. No one ever said it would be easy. Cravings are not fun, unplanned boardwalks with no options, psychological reasonings or just plain habits. Either way, all these things are hard to overcome. Hard, yes. Impossible? No. Look at Zebra_2 (Laurie). Look at Teresa Lynn. Look at Scamper_Pamela. All are still hear, but they have been overall successful. Wonderful examples of the fact that it can be done.
“Let your soul take you where you long to be.” Sure, we all (at some points in our lives) long to be thinner, prettier and just overall more in-tune to society’s standards. This isn’t where your soul truly lies (or at least not where it should). And by saying soul, I mean your deep down desire. Your deepest desire should be and many of you have come to realize this, is to be HEALTHIER. Better bloodwork, less or no medications, feeling better physically which in turn (again for most) would make us happier.
No, do this last part on your own… “Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you’ll live as you’ve never lived before.” You’ve taken those first few baby steps. You’re here and reading today’s post. Keep taking those steps. Choose the fresh vegetables. Choose ANY thing but the sugar and refined flours. YOU can do this. It was never promised to be easy, only worth the journey.
Be brave and take those next baby steps, and the next and the next. If you stumble, well, then get right back up and start again. You didn’t learn to walk over night, and you didn’t gain the weight overnight. Keep doing the right things (you know, the little golden voice in your head that speaks up when it knows that there is something amiss? A lot of people tend to ignore that voice. I’ve started listening to it again, and I have a loss of 9 lbs to thank for it. My goal this week, is to get to 10. Not a lofty goal. Just one pound. But really, 1 pound each time that I set that goal, is one less that I will have to do later. No excuses. Soaring as high as I can, as long as I can. Live as I have never lived before – eating healthy and enjoying life as it is meant to be. I think I’ll stick around and keep going. It seems to work for me.
Have a great Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment