Monday, January 10, 2011

Patience is a virtue...


sands of time, originally uploaded by peteypatriot (Busy! Busy!).

Saint Francis De Sales
Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them – every day begin the task anew.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Wow, that guy was pretty smart. Do not lose courage in your imperfections (or maybe that should read "perceived imperfections"), but instead do what you can to fix them. Start each day new.

I am definitely one that can relate to this. I have been successful on SBD, and then I've fallen onto the boardwalk, and have tried multiple times to get back on board. I'll admit it, I was discouraged, unsatisfied and very disappointed. Not in this way of life/eating, but in myself. I am a fellow narcissist - you know the types, those that beat themselves up for their own mistakes? yeah, that's me). BUT!!! I will tell you, I have grown a lot over the last few years where I am "less narcissistic" - not cured mind you, but I am growing to learn that in order for me to learn anything "NEW" then I have to make mistakes trying new things. Wow, that's pretty insightful for someone who is turning *gasp* 40 (yes, I know I am still a youngster to some of you out there. I will blame this insightfulness on my kids though.

I am learning through them that I have to develop my will to try new things (getting out of that rut, do things that you haven't done before, quit making excuses for not doing things... you fill in the blank here____). I have been ever so blessed to have such a wonderful family, a FANTASTIC set of friends - both virtual and non, and I am even more thankful to say that I will be turning 40 this year.

The other thing I am 'trying' to learn, and not doing such a great job is patience. Especially when it comes to changing things. It's natural for me, a Gemini, to want to change things up a bit, but what I really have a problem with, is sticking with things and finishing them. There, I said it. I am FICKLE. I am all for the instant gratification ideal, but this time, patience is going to have to be my virtue. I am going to have to stick this one out to the end which for me, I hope is Many Many Many years to come. I have plans to pester the he** out of my children's children.

So, today, along with me, I want you guys to find a small way to practice PATIENCE ( and no, for those of you who are nurses PATIENTS don't count *wink*).

My practice will be the training session that I have to do for users of our reporting application. I promise that I will be patient with each and every user tomorrow, regardless of skill level and listen to them.

Baby steps... one step at a time...

Have a wonderful day folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment