I would have to say, like Liz, that I am more intuned to SB eating rather than the "old" ways. I do have days, like yesterday were my foot will wander for a few minutes during dinner and I'll sample the french fries, but I found out that after each excursion, it's not the guilt that makes me wish I hadn't done it, but the greasy, icky feeling afterwards.
For those struggling, I truly feel for you and have been where you have before, but if you stick with it (regardless of how slow the lbs are coming off) it is worth it in two ways. One, your body will start to feel better and less "pulled" down by all of the chemically enhanced fats and sugars. Two, you will begin to see a pride in yourself for making the right steps to make yourself healthy. That is regardless of the reason (for example, because my doctor told me so, because my DH or SO doesn't look at me like he used to).
My ONE reason for coming back to SB was because I simply feel better when I am on it. So much so that after a 27 lb loss, I am actually WANTING to exercise - I never liked it in high school; in fact I hated it! So, when it comes to this way of eating and way of life, you have to learn to do a few things. Do it because YOU want to and its results for YOU, not anyone else. The cool thing about Teresa's posting today, is it is 100% true. You get out of SB what you put into it. There are so many shining examples:
Zebra, Ernie, Marlyn, Pamela, Ainslie, Annie, Lynn, Teresa and so many others.
So believe in yourself, you've already taken the hardest step towards it. You are here getting support from all of us who have been there and will continue to do so until we are, too, a success story.
Have a great Sunday on the beach!
No comments:
Post a Comment