Friday, January 18, 2008

Question of the Day – CC Boards 01/18/08

  

 

Thanks for the great opener today Ernie.  I had to ask my husband what he thought my strength was.  For some reason I couldn't settle on one and I was interested in his thoughts for this one.

(the Packer-backers should like this quote)

"Leaders aren't born, they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that's the price we'll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal."

- Vince Lombardi

My DH said it was my determination.  In reflection, it is definitely something that is a strong suit of mine.  If I see anything I want, anything tangible, I usually push and push and push until I get it.  Either I save the money, I work my butt off to get recognition, I train and train and train until I learn something.  There has never been anything that I have wanted so badly that I was afraid to work for it and get it. Quite an accomplishment.  Now, I have all the tangible items in my life that anyone could ask for, in fact, I have them in abundance and am very greatful for everything I have.

There is one thing that I am currently working on and I am learning to apply my determination to it to be successful at this new way of life, not only because I need it, but because I want it and I want it for the right reasons.  I have soooo much that I want to accomplish with my husband and children and for some of it my weight is a hinderance and for the rest of it, I need to be healthy to be here long enough to enjoy the rest of it.

This way of life is exactly how the rest of you have been defining it over the last week.  It is work and it is an education, but the good thing is, the more you do something, the easier the work becomes (second nature and habitual) and as you learn, you get smarter, stronger and strive to learn more to keep the cycle going. 

So, I guess in the end of this long dissertation, I am agreeing with DH.  My determination is my strength.  Thanks for making me "learn" Ernie, this one will go in the journal for today so I can look back and remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment