Saturday, January 26, 2008

Kelly’s good day…

It seems however that I am the only one of my friends that is in that happy place. I sometimes wonder if I am the odd man out because they are all suffering from their dramas.

Steph is sick and can't get well, too many reactions to everything that they give her. Taina is stressing out @ work. FNF is causing her terrible traumas. I feel bad for her because I know the trouble she is dealing with in that group and it is really frustrating. Tina, God love her, she's trying to make life better for her and her son, but the soon to be ex-hubby is not making things easy. That and the system itself is rearing it's ugly head and causing delays when she really should be well into the proceedings so she can move forward for both of them.

Yesterday was one of the best days. Although it didn't start out good (7am wake up call from the cat fight), I started on my way to take Ashleigh and Alex to school and realized I had left my license at home. I couldn't call home because my phone had died the night before and didn't work. I also had what at first was thought to be a cavity going bad in my mouth. OK, not a great start but trust me, there's a silver lining.

After getting to the daycare, I used their phone to call Frank and asked him to bring it to me while I worked out. Then, after the work out, I went home made a dentist appt, took a shower and headed to the Verizon store.

At the store, there was a elderly gentleman, severely overweight with o2 (he had parked his car erratically in the parking lot and left it running – later I found out he had locked his keys in his car too). He was gasping for air while sitting on the bench in the corner ranting about the (evidently) housekeeper that had stolen his phone. I think a lot of his ranting was from the lack of oxygen from his panicking. Either way, the 3 girls at the counter were wide eyed. You could tell they didn't know what to think. One of them was on the phone with EMS so he was going to be taken care of. Meanwhile, there was another lady trying to pay her phone bill in the automated payment machine and she was having issues. Since they were working on my phone and it was going to take a while, I offered my services to help her pay it. She thanked me with a genuine smile and it made me feel better (the other guy had been helped and was able to leave by this point). Then another lady came in wanting to do the same thing but a little different. They were still working on my phone, so I helped her too. Hey, it was a highlight for me. It didn't cost anything and I was able to help 2 people.

OK, so they finish fixing my phone and they ended up replacing it. OK, I'm thinking at least 200.00. Nope, it was covered under warranty and didn't cost a thing. J OK, next task, go to the dentist. This is going to cost me hundreds because it's been forever (2002 as I was reminded when I got there) since I had my teeth checked. Dr. L took me in, looked at my teeth, took an x-ray and started asking questions. Come to find out? No cavity. It is my sinuses causing pressure on my teeth, although I do need a cleaning. So, only $54 there and NO FILLINGS!

Good deal.

Then, I find a message on my cell phone, Frank had been trying to call me. Come to find out, my mom wanted to buy me Bon Jovi/Daughtry tickets for my birthday. Woo Hoo!!! Life was good.

I got home from the dentist to a message from Taina, listened to her trauma on FNF, had my meeting at 1:00 for Concord Audit, listened to Suzanne with her trauma on the tools and doc database, called Tina, listened to her trauma with her soon to be ex and the papers to be served (that actually were not), IM'd Stephanie and listened to her medical traumas. It was all around me. I was able to maintain a positive attitude the entire day, even with all that was going on around me.

Just makes you wonder what is either going to happen or if I just have a key to how to look at things. I know that there will be stressful times ahead… my kids are only 2 and 4, so I know the trouble is coming soon.

So overall, a great place to be right now and losing weight to boot. Who would have thought it.

OK, time to close this post so I can answer the challenge question.

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment