I do it for me
Because I want to live to see my children's children
Because I want to enjoy chasing them around while they are still "around"
Because I want to have self confidence
Because I love hearing how much I have improved – either by mood, my image or just by doing things for others
Because I want to be healthy and make it to my 50th wedding anniversary and more
Because I have so many "little" things to do
- Vacations with hubby
- Sports games for my kids
- Enjoying the outdoors
Because I do not want to end up like my parents
These are all things (and a multitude of more) that are my reasons for continuing on SBD, but the main part is the first line… I DO IT FOR ME.
When times are tough and the scale does not move when I want it
When I am cranky, moody or just lazy, this should serve to remind me
When I am reminded via people that I call my friends share their unnecessary drama and saga that they pull upon themselves for choices they have made and continue to make in spite of what they know to be the consequence
I choose how I react.
I choose how I behave
I choose to be the example for my children
I choose to be happy
I choose not to take on their pain as part of my own, but still remain sympathetic, loving and caring, while doing my best to help, but, again not own.
In the end, I do it for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment