Thursday, September 9, 2010

Things I have learned today, 09/09/2010

I am going to try something new today.  I have been thinking most of the day about what I want to blog about (as per my post this morning that shared a link from Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond http://thepioneerwoman.com ).


In the end, I could hear my dad's voice in the back of my head saying, write about what you learned. Great idea, Dad!  He would always tell me that it's not really a good day unless you learn something.  He's right.  However there are going to be days when they are stupid lessons and then I am sure I'll have the life lessons as I go along to.  Hopefully nothing offensive to anyone, if so, apologies in advance for your reactions, not for my point of view or lessons. 


So, here goes...


What I learned today:



  • while in a flux at work right now, I know what I want to work on going forward.  I have the opportunity to continue it, but due to cutbacks and RIF's that may not be possible.  I have voiced my opinions to those I think should know and I have also LISTENED (key point here) to what the needs in our group are.  Some how, I don't think they are going to meet up on the same lines.  My horoscope said that I would have to reckon with my fantasy world and the real one today, I just hope the real one is not as disappointing as it looks.
  •  my car, when the low fuel like comes on, can go at LEAST 12 more miles, if not more.  
  • also my gas tank in my car holds just over 15 gallons of gas.
  • that chancing the low fuel light was worth paying .15 less per gallon in my home town. :)
  • that when it comes to the words common sense (and yes Suzanne, I get this lesson daily), not everyone thinks like I do.
  • that I have a lot of co-workers, some that are still in the company, some not, that actually respect my work.  (my self-esteem will ALWAYS need work)
  • that there are many things I can agree with in this world but that list is growing smaller and smaller as the years go by.  
  • that intolerance has become a way of life for many people and that for many, they believe that ignorance is bliss.  
  • that there is a feature on DirecTV boxes that will allow you to limit the times that kids (or people who don't know the codes) can watch TV - be aware, Alex!  No more Wonder Pets after saying goodnight!
  • that I still love my husband as much as I did, if not more than when I said "I do" 10.5 years ago.
  • that I love my new house, that the old house in GA shouldn't be a stress point, even though it is... and that I feel in my heart that all will work out eventually... just not on MY timeline.
  • that this list, because it's the first one of a series of many (hopefully), is going to be pretty long.
  • that I trust very few people, and even less at work.  (I was told that it's a dog eat dog world... they were right and right now I feel like I am wearing ketchup underwear)
  • that I am thankful it's the end of a short week, even though it feels like one of the longest ones in history.
  • and that it's time to say goodnight because 5:30 comes early these days and it gets harder as I get older , to get up with enthusiasm to go to a job that is good for what I am learning and doing, but the atmosphere itself, sucketh.


Until l8r,


Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment