There are many who are not as fortunate. Today, we lost a co-worker, now keep in mind, I didn't know him well and what little I did deal with him, he was not real nice to me, but I knew it wasn't personal. It was the job. I can't pass judgement on him, I didn't even know him. I feel terrible for the family that he left behind. He had 2 kids, ages 10 and 14. Their world just came down with a horrible crash of reality that no child should have to live through until they are old enough to understand. It made me want to immediately hug my kids, kiss my husband and call my mom. So if those words make you want to do the same, what are you waiting for? Go do it! I promise this will be here when you get back. No... seriously, go. Now.
OK, now that it's done, on to what I have learned today:
- I have learned that my family is my life, not my job.
- I have learned that there is generosity everywhere. We had a pizza sale today (Kelley's wonderful idea and she did great pulling it together!) for our Heart Walk and we sold out of the pizza in 20 minutes and raised $150 for our team. Whoo Hoo!!!
- I have learned that when it comes to work, I am ok with change as long as it's for the better and not a waste of time.
- I have learned that there are others who will fight tooth and nail against change. Not a good thing, it only makes life harder. If you keep an open mind then you leave yourself open to improvements - which equals change. It's a cycle. Things are always changing. How you react to it is what causes it to be hard or easy. My point of view, I have been given a direction, it's what I get paid to do, I might as well do it. The quicker I do it or help someone else do it, then the quicker we can move on to bigger and better things. Again, just my point of view.
- I have learned that I missed working with several people in other groups and was happy to talk to them again.
- I have learned that my co-workers have a LOT of confidence in my abilities. I know I will do my best, but I hope it makes it to their expectations.
- I have learned (well actually I knew this, but it helps to state it over and over again) that I love my family - hubby, kids, mom, Tom, Gale, Jen, Terry, Brian and the rest of my extended family. I am proud to call them not only family but friends too.
I am going to take a queue from my fellow photographer, friend, artist, BK and post a song for you to listen to. Make sure that whatever you do, that it makes a difference to someone... even if it's just to say, "I love you."
"In The End" by Linkin' Park
(It starts with)
One thing, I don’t know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
All I know
time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
It’s so unreal
Didn’t look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on but didn’t even know
Wasted it all just to
Watch you go
I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
One thing, I don’t know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme
To remind myself how
I tried so hard
In spite of the way you were mocking me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
I’m surprised it got so (far)
Things aren’t the way they were before
You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me
In the end
You kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know
I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter....
No comments:
Post a Comment