What did I learn today? I can't say that I learned a whole lot that was new, but again mostly reminders:
Be nice to your elders and respect them. That means keeping your wits about you when an older (by like 35 more years than me - you can guess at the math) gentleman cuts you off at the register @ CVS to do a return that not only does he haggle how much he is supposed to get back, but the cashier also has issues with the register and it literally takes 20 minutes to complete the transaction. Keep in mind I was there to get drugs to help me NOT be so aggressive while I deal with hormonal issues. I think I get points for this one...
I realize that I truly missed having my photo printer hooked up, it is now and I have 4 new 8x10 prints to take to work along with the 4x6 test print of my sunset picture. I love technology!
I realized also today, that I thrive better @ work when someone shows confidence in my abilities and doesn't ask "Can you..." they ask "Will you...". I have to admit, I like that version a lot better.
I did learn today that no matter how hard you try, sometimes you just need to turn off the brain from work items and just enjoy family. I spent 30 minutes nagging Ashleigh to finish her homework (writing her spelling and high frequency words 3 times each) and although I was frustrated by her obvious delay, I enjoyed spending the time with her.
On a lighter note, my father in law and mother in law (OK, step mother in law, but we claim her fully - regardless of sanity level - hee hee) will be here to see us this weekend and we're excited to have them.
We had a great time with my mom here and can't wait until she comes back. I just wish it wasn't such a long drive for her. I think she liked being here too, or at least she said she did. :)
It's going to be a busy couple of months. With the project I just got today there's probably going to be vent sessions, but I found out that's ok. I have a couple of co-workers that will listen to the rants as long as I listen to theirs, which I do and try to help - typical me, I guess. Things are settling down from the activities which is good in a way, but my manager is still missed. (I'm sure that she's not missing us and is having a blast - or at least that's what I hope. She'll have to call me sometime to let me know how things are going.)
Well, it's 11:30 and again here I am at the pc while I should be in bed, but tonight, I think will be a restful night, I didn't stress this afternoon about anything and I'm pretty relaxed.
I hope everyone has a great night.
Until l8r...
Kel
No comments:
Post a Comment