Well, it's a new year, and things - although another year has passed, are so similarly the same as the last new year.
Oh, don't get me wrong, things were good last year. This holiday season was the best that I have had in a while. Ashleigh and Alex enjoyed the time with family (My mom, my father in law and his wife, my brother in law and his family) - they have had a good year, grown well and seemingly happy. I say seemingly because as with all kids, they do know how to push buttons and to their credit, they are still learning how to behave. Still worth it, just a test of my self-confidence and patience. I guess it's my time to learn too.
My heart has been heavy these past couple of weeks as things with work are not going well. I am behind in my deliverables, our management is jerking things around one way then in a completely different one days later.
Last week was particularly hard and there is no one, other than hubby, to talk to about it. Friends that used to be here are either no longer friends or they are on the internet. I am so glad to have the internet friends though... I think I would be lost without them these days. Isolated by working from home - again, not a complaint, just factual observations, I love working from home, and no time to go socialize outside much - things tend to bottle up until it's time to blast out at something totally unrelated. Transference (if I remember the psychology term from a class years ago) of anger happens with me, and it's not fair to those that receive it. Although I am learning to control it much better than previously, so I am learning too.
What's been really cool about the Internet, though, it making contact again with many friends from high school, old years of work, new friends found on message boards and just acquaintances that have long past. It has been refreshing to get in touch with these friends again - in fact it gives hope. I remember many of these people to be good friends of mine and it's interesting to find out how much I really did miss them. To those of you reading, thank you so much for reminding me of how much friendships are worth, and know that however infrequent or frequent we talk on FB, email, blogging, message boards or twitter - I treasure the friendships that are sustained by modern technology.
After the things at work come to fruition, I know I am going to be blogging more about them, but for now, I have to be mindful of how much I enjoy keeping the roof over our heads and food in our cabinets/fridge.
I am going to try and keep up with my blog, but like anything else in my life, I am sure the intentions will be good, but will fall to the wayside when I have other things I want or need to do. So far the list is as follows:
1. Rearrange and organize the office
2. Create the business cards for Sarah
3. Create certificate for Matt and Megan's new baby to take his picture anytime after he is born
4. Work on the pictures taken at Tom's over Christmas - there's some cool ones of paperweights that Gale had that is very different.
As with work, there's a ton of things that will come in the way of this list, but I am going to try.
Since it's 11p, I guess I had better end now and actually get some rest...
Until later.
Kel
Sounds like things are very busy with your life, eh? I do hope things start to shake themselves out and work gets better.
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to say HI and let you know that I am thinking of you!
Just read Kelly--Felt like I am there with you. Hang in there chickarooney--It will all work itself out.
ReplyDeleteB