Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tuesday and I’m ready for the weekend

Wow, hard to believe… it's Tuesday and I'm already looking for the weekend. Is it summer blues? Is it stress? Is it burnout? It could be any and all of these. I know that life is ever changing, but I can feel the forces pulling harder and harder towards change.

Ashleigh and Alex are doing well. Alex is starting to babble/talk more. More words are formed every day for him. A good thing. Ashleigh, well, she's four and there's no predictability here. I warned Mom that I was going to start calling her Sybil since she can spin her head around and it changes the moods.

We had a good night tonight in all aspects, which I think was deserving after the way the day started. We took Frank's car back to the place that fixed the brakes last week with the idea that it was still grabbing and they just needed to tighten something. Not the case. Turns out, it needed new struts and mounts. GRREEAATTT… Another $500 later. Luckily Frank says that it rides like it used to and all is well now. I told him it had better be!

Anyway, today the Lego Indiana Jones PS3 game came out. We bought it and the book. I decided that it would be a good time to get Melinda and Brian over and invited them. We had pizza and played the game all night. Melinda was really talkative tonight. More so than usual, for which I am very glad. She's starting to come out of her shell and I think she's getting more and more comfortable with us. Which is really good, since they are buying a house about 4 exits away from us (near the kids' daycare).

I told Frank it would be really good as I could use some new friends. He said I could definitely use some more sane ones. J

Of course fate would have it that I ordered and paid for my lens – BEFORE we found out about Frank's car needing more work.

One day we'll catch up. It'll take a while, but can be done.

Work is work. I don't really know where to go with this topic. I'm still trying to get my arms around the tape audit for ACC. I spent most of the day today trying to understand a few of these reports and how they are created (tables, inputs, what they report on, etc) and it is still muddy in understanding. L

Suzanne has been out this week due to a death in her family. I think Kristen said something about it being her uncle, but I wasn't sure – I don't know how much of an extended family she has.

My pictures on the other hand are headed in the right direction. I bought the new lens I have been wanting and I am up-to-date on software and books. Yay! I am so ready to go play with my new lens. Most people don't understand the macro shots that I like, but that's ok. It's not for them. J It's for me. I have really missed working on pictures and am very glad to be working on them again.

Here I sit blogging away, it's midnight and Frank is laying beside me, snoring very loudly. He cracks me up sometimes.

Oh well, I guess I need to head to bed. 6:30 comes early.

Until l8r,

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment