Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday's One A Day - SBD Thread


This picture is titled "Dare To Be Different"

"The light within illuminates the path to success."

The reason I have put the two of these together is that I have noticed (along with my own downfalls) that many of us bust our fannies trying to get everything done, food planned, scheduled kept, work (some 2 jobs), family (young and old), activities and just plain ol' life happens.

Today - on a Saturday - most people are running off to do the family activities and the shopping and cleaning. I challenge everyone who reads this to take 15 minutes to clear your head and visualize your success for the day and to just "BREATHE".

Just sit quietly, listen to your body and pay attention. My guess (and yes, I will be following my own challenge) is that at some point in your 15 minutes of slow, relaxing breathing, you will start to feel the muscles in your body release a bit and relax.

One thing I have not posted here that I found out in my boardwalk is that a dear friend of mine is in her second year of diagnosis/treatment for ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). For those of you who are not familiar with it, it robs it's victims of their motor control and is eventually fatal.

My friend is younger than I am by about 5 years and is a loving wife to my co-worker (we've known each other for about 10 years) and a sweet 5 yr old boy. While I didn't use this as an excuse to boardwalk (it actually drove me back to the beach in retrospect) I did take this hard. Not only for the sadness I feel for her and her family, but for the "reality" that it can happen to anyone at anytime.

Take the time to hug your loved ones and let them know how important they are to you. I learned early in my life that $$ and possessions are not what is important (while it does make things a lot easier) 99.99 % of it you can live without or replace, but your friends and family you cannot.

Enjoy life and dare to be different... do what matters to you and your family.

Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment