Thursday, December 31, 2009

The end of the year...

Wow!  Already!  It's the last hours of the last day of the year.  It has been quite a year.  Over the past few days, I have posted a lot of negative feelings in my blog and like the description tells you that is apt to happen.  Tonight though, I want to focus on the good things of the year.


A few reflections, not in any specific order:


1.  Ashleigh started "real" school this year.  She started kindergarten and it was a cool but hard thing to go through.  Even if she's been in some type of school for her entire life, this felt different.  My first born is growing, AMAZINGLY fast. :)  One of the best things to happen to me and I am so thankful for her.


2.  Alex has started talking more so we can understand him.  To some, that may not seem like a major milestone, esp. for a 3 year old, but for me it is.  It's amazing to finally see how he is working through things and thinking them through.  Getting a glimpse of those little gears grinding and watching them develop.  Again, one of the best things to ever happen to me - he is going to be my challenge in life with doing everything thing differently than anyone else. :)


3.  All the changes at work.  Now granted, at first glance, they were pretty bad.  We had layoffs earlier in the year and we have actually moved 2 more people to new groups this past month.  However, these things are actually giving me more opportunities to learn new things that will continue to benefit me in my ever changing career.  I am thankful to work for such a cool manager who knows to look for these things, plan so far ahead and encouraging the changes all the way.  Regardless of what the toll she has paid for them.  I have watched her over this last year and paid attention this time to the maneuvering that she has done.  It's quite a chess game that she plays and she's very good at it.  I am glad to say that I am her employee for, oh so many things.  She's supportive, challenging, smart and just plain cool to work for.  This year coming will be even more challenging I think.  I see so many things that are in the pipeline for changing us as a team and with my moving to Florida, I think it's going to be pretty cool.  JMHO though.


4.  I was able to attend my 20th year high school reunion this year.  I have to admit though, I had a better time with Brandy and Ben at our photo shoot than I did at the reunion itself.  It brought back some memories that I didn't want to revisit and reminded me of why I didn't talk to some of my classmates after graduation.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a night mare and no one was rude, but I found out a lot about how far I have come by how uncomfortable and out of the box I was.  It was almost like being back in school again, something I don't care to revisit again.  The positives were:  Ben, Brandy, CC, Russell, Evelyn,... oh wait, that's my list of FB friends too. :)  Again, glad to have them in my life again as friends.  Virtual or not, they are still VERY cool!!! :)


5.  This year I think I learned more about myself than in any other year.  I know where my limits are, I stand up (more so than before - if you can believe that) for myself and I think I am in a part of my life where I am happy to be me.  I love my life, I love all who are in it and I love being able to keep things going.  


You know, everyone keeps knocking on Facebook and it's addicting qualities, but to be honest, if it weren't for FB, I wouldn't have been in touch with oh so many people.  So, with the start of the new year coming along, I raise my virtual Champagne glass in honor of those of you in FB:  Ben, Brandy K, Barb, Suzanne S., My mom, Gale, CC Claybrook, Sylvia, Chris V, Chris K, Frank H, Fred and Laura B, and too many more to type out without going to copy and past my entire list.


Happy New Year to all of you.  May your blessings be many, your trials be few; your heart be light and your love true; May God Keep you and yours throughout and give you all that you need in the coming year.


Until later!


Kel

2 comments:

  1. I wish you and your family the best in this New Year! I know how you feel about your 3 year old, when they accomplish milestones, it is so wonderful. I know one day, Hannah will be talking my ear off and I look forward to that day. :-)

    Hang in there and continue being you and enjoying and loving your life. I am happy that we were able to connect and I know we will stay in touch. I know you have moved to Florida and don't be surprised if I visit you while passing through. :-)

    Have a blessed and wonderful New Year.

    Warm Regards,

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Evelyn! I haven't moved yet, but when I do, you are more than welcome to stop by at any time. :)

    ReplyDelete