Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Good Friends, Good Times

OK,  3rd day after Christmas, much better!  Just as an update to my earlier post, today ended much better than it started.  Obviously we were waiting for the bomb to drop like in Hiroshima with the in-laws Valdosta visit.  No bombs occurred and nothing for an emergency declaration from the governor or anything.  I know that there must have been plenty of tears and hurt feelings and pity... yep, I said it pity for my BIL.  I don't know what happened, nor at this point do I think I really want to know.  I just hope that my niece and my nephew are alive and well, my SIL?  Well, I hope she gets the help that she needs soon or that my BIL actually gets wiser and does what he needs to do to stand up to her.  Either way, we're pretty done with the whole bit. 


As for the rest of the day, we spent it walking around the yard, watching Stacey and Gale bathe the dogs (poor Benny) took a couple of pictures and relaxed.  Then, thanks to a slight mishap of forgetting to put on the ribs ( my FIL has had a trying week) we took them out to dinner.  Then, we were joined by Laura, Fred and Brian and had a full night of reminiscing, story telling and TONS AND TONS of laughter.  And i don't mean the giggles that you get from new friendships, this was the belly holding, rib stretching, hearty gafawing that happens when with REAL Friends.  We are blessed to have them and the few others that i am missing right now, but will see by the end of the week, and for that, the Christmas spirit was renewed.  I am a blessed and very THANKFUL woman.  


Good night all....


Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment