Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Season is here…


I'm not going to lie to you, I am a blessed woman. From the day I was born I have had nothing but good fortune. There have been the hard times, don't get me wrong. I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth either. I have busted my ass time and time again to get where I am. I love my life. I love my family. My kids are my life. There is nothing better in this world than a hug from my kids or even seeing them hug each other for no apparent reason.

I look at some of the things going on around me and I think, "Thank God that's not me." And I say a prayer at night to thank God for everything I have ever received.

But as you can sense there is a purpose to this. I have always been observant of the things around me. I have learned a lot in life, just by watching others. I have several friends who are struggling in their lives right now and it pains me to see them. On some of the aspects, things that are happening have been in motion for quite some time and others are just struggling because they are at a cross-roads in their lives. (SH only you can decide what you want to do going forward. Do not let comments from others, mainly me, dissuade you from something you truly desire to do.) For the other friend that is coming to a cross-road but is not there yet, let your heart tell you what you need to do. I know that there have been battles there and whatever happens is not in the hands of anyone on our level or even the next level. (cryptic I know, but I'm getting it off of my chest and if that person gets it, then my job here is done.)

As many of you may or may not know, Frank and I have chosen to take an offer from my company to move to Maitland Florida. Not a smart choice on timing with Christmas within 3 weeks, but, I have faith that things will work out.

The only thing that is pending a decision at this point, is whether or not we rent the house to Brian, or we sell it. There are pros and cons to each side and I know decisions cannot be made on a whim for most people (like I do), but when my life hinges on those decisions, I am very impatient (more so than usual).

I have a lot to do, but I have the last 2 weeks in December off, so I can pack during that time. It will be easier then (or so I hope) so I can work through daylight hours and at least one of the kids will be off to school. We have a trip planned to my father-in-laws on the last week, but we haven't really decided which days we are going yet.

I am really excited that my mom is coming to visit for Christmas. I think the kids are going to have a great time this year. They will both "get it" as far as the presents thing. I know it's not the true meaning, I learned that lesson long ago. I am watching a classmate of mine struggle with that lesson now. Her family's house burned down this fall and they are in the recovery process. Her youngest daughter stumped her today with the statement that her family's Christmas won't be the same as anyone else's because they don't have their home anymore. Hopefully when she gets older, she'll look back on this and realize that God has taught her a valuable lesson about Christmas. It's about family and togetherness and celebrating God and Jesus. Not the presents. Fellowship, faith, love and family. Not necessarily in that order.

Work doesn't even play into that factor. It's a nice to have, on the verge of a need, but… in the end, you have choices. You live for you you work so you can live. You don't live to work. SH, if you have stuck through the end of this, if your job is making you that miserable and you hate it that much, don't suffer through it. Make the choices you want and be done with it and live your life. Things will continue, regardless. I am not saying you should leave, I am saying you need to make the decision for yourself. You asked me on Friday to tell you to quit and I make some remarks to turn it back on me. For that, I apologize, I should have listened a little more. Things will work out… one way or another. I guess when you asked the question about "What are you passionate about?" I am passionate about my family, then about my friends. They are what keeps me going. I am more than sure you can say the same thing.

Until next time,

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment