Wow! It's been that long again since I have posted. I really am a slacker when it comes to this thing, huh? It's been quite the week, this week. Heard from Hutch again, he was in the hospital earlier this week. Thankfully, it wasn't a heart attack and he was able to go home. I am not sure what that does for his chances on the transplant he needs, but he was supposed to call and reschedule his tests. I will probably follow up with him later this week to check on him.
Frank ended up at the walkin clinic this week with a build-up of fluid in his middle ear. He is finally back on the mend. The kids have been doing good. My little monster had a good week this week, thankfully and Ashleigh is still doing well in school. We have our first parent teacher conference this week to get her first report card and the usual stuff that follows (((- what that is, I don't know, but we're still going.
I am finally getting over my cold, it's been a full week and a half now and it's only a lingering cough.
Work is doing good. We are going through the motions for the merger and our reorg came through on Thursday. No big changes for us. We now report under Brenda who reports to Kavian, which hopefully will help Suzanne. God knows she needs some buffer there.
We have been pretty busy with the support of the website and handling the training for the new folks coming onto the system (- all raving reviews so far. J
So with that being said, how are my stress levels raising again? Is it that time of year or something? I know the anniversary of my Dad's passing is coming up and quite honestly, I think it should be a day of celebrating his life, not dwelling on it. So maybe I will get Frank and Jen to take me out for a drink or something to do so. I miss him, but know he's better off and he's getting a bird's eye view of my kids. I guess part of my worry gets back to my mother. This week is going to be tough on her, I know people shouldn't plan on bad weeks, because if you believe it before it even starts, it really doesn't have a chance. My main worry though is the fact that Dr. K found a spot in her x-ray of her lungs. The dr. wants her to come back for another one because it could possibly be the vessel in the lung, not an actual mass. I am not sure she'll go back to have it done though. We talked a little about it, and she made her wishes clear that she will not do chemo or radiation - based on several things, but mostly, we don't think she'd be able to tolerate the treatments. Fingers crossed that it was just the vessel showing.
OK, so that's where most of the worry was this week. Again, things I cannot control… that part sux so badly. I am putting on my positivity (- not my naivety, to help push the week into a good start. With all of the crisis around me, I am hoping that something will shine through. J
I know, hopeless optimism, but if I don't, who will?
On the flipside, I checked out my lab results from the dr's office. My good cholesterol went down, so I have to work on it. My bad cholesterol was elevated, but the numbers have lowered since the last lab. It's been 2 weeks since I went to see her and I've already lost 5 lbs! J Yah! So, I am back on WW and tracking my points. It has been a little difficult, but not unbearable and it's time to step up and walk the walk, and talk the talk. No more excuses. I will be working slowly but surely to improve on things, but this time, it's going to be a gradual change to make sure that the changes stick. I know I can do this. I can do anything my mind is set to. I just need to be patient with this one, it won't be instantaneous.
That being said, I guess it's time to go to bed (- it's 11 and we have to get up early.
Until next time…. . .
Kel
No comments:
Post a Comment