Over the past week I have been limiting (not omitting) my sugar and carb in-take. Not counting the amount but avoiding them for the most part and really it's been avoiding sugars over the last week - it's pretty amazing the amount of energy I have had today and yesterday. I crash towards the night (earlier in the week didn't count because of the insomnia).
There were many things on my mind this week:
Work
- changes being implemented - I have pretty much given my employees the responsibilities in our group that they are most familiar with; I am following the advice of one the authors I have read (Jon Gordon and a few others), where they say to play to the person's strengths. I have found (by experience) that when you are stretched too far out of your comfort zone, it doesn't work. They get frustrated, hate work and then in the end resent you. I don't think I got to that last part yet, but it has definitely helped to put me back in line with the job I need to do.
- Committing to work towards some really huge goals - by the end of the year or later. This won't happen soon and I am working to better some of my own personal development before anything gets changed. I won't be leaving my reporting team - so no need to panic for the team, I like to think of it as enhancing what we offer. :)
- Trying to balance the manager/employee relationships - This is difficult for me, because I need to learn that they are not there to like me, they are there to a job to the best of their ability. I have to remember this a lot because I do get close to the people I work with a lot. It helps to know the person so you can try to coach them (or be coached) in new directions and help them learn. I have had difficulty with some parts of it and have taken steps to correct it and it has helped... TREMENDOUSLY. I no longer feel stressed as much and I am able to make the decisions without second guessing myself. (goes back to my ONE WORD - RELEASE)
Home
- Long distance relationships are hard, I know, Frank and I spent over a year apart while I finished school and he went to Arkansas. However, having your parent(s) live so far away when you feel you need to support them, makes it hard as well. My mom has been really stressed out over the last few weeks between work, health and just things in general, I am sure she could use a break. Bad thing is, where she lives doesn't have an easy way to get there and it's about a 10 - 11 hr drive to get there. I'm trying to figure out alternatives, but with kids and work, that's the part of the balance I lose.
- Kids - enough said.
- Learning to play the balance between hubby and non-kid time. He likes to watch a lot of movies and tv and I don't. We're working through it. I think he's finally getting to understand that if he makes plans I will join if I am interested or I will sit over on the pc while he enjoys. I know he spends a lot of time at home, but now that I am working from home 3 days a week, we spend a lot more time together. I am still working on how to tactfully tell him that I still don't have much that I am interested in on TV, but until then, I'll suffer through the nightly (multiple times asked) "What do you want to do tonight?" or "What's the plan?" I know it's out of love and because he wants to spend time with me. (we have had the discussion a few times)
And those are just the high points, there were more I am sure but compared to these, they were minor. So getting back to my point, the lack of sugar in my diet has helped me to be able to deal with a lot of this and I feel better each day that I go further without the overload. I won't say I am perfect, because I am not, but I find the more I limit the better it is. So in my ONE WORD - "RELEASE" effort, I will be releasing the need for sugar. I won't say I am going to give it up because quite honestly, I like chocolate and sugar, but limiting it seems to be a good compromise so far because I don't feel deprived. I get in a vicious cycle when I have more than I need so one step at at time for it.
I want to leave tonight with a few more thoughts on my social networking. I've been thinking about it and have already taken a few steps and will probably be taking a few more. I have removed several people from my news feed because everytime I saw a post from them it was nothing but drama and controversy, debate and complaints, and I have realized, that what I read impacts how I feel. I tend to take on more than I should on those and it's time to stop it. I have left those that I want to stay close to and those that are truly my friends and make me laugh. Everyone else either isn't in the newsfeed or they are no longer friended. I don't think their feelings are hurt nor do I think they miss me, because I haven't seen them try to friend me again or email me. So that being said, I know it has helped (that and I don't spend as much time on FB that I used to either). Again, my ONE WORD. :)
G'nite.
No comments:
Post a Comment