
"Good morning, this is God. I will be handling all of your problems today. I will not need your help, so have a miraculous day."
-- Wayne Dyer
I don't know how many of you believe in signs, but I do. And usually mine come in the form of the "figurative" baseball bats, sledge-hammers, your-choice-of-blunt-trauma-weapon here.
For the past few months, I have been toying with the idea of going to church. Lately, I have been worried/stressed about many, many things and dealing with the issues as a result of my father-in-law's suicide, my mom and her distance away from me as she goes through her issues, my husband, my kids, my mother-in-law, and then you add work to the mix. I am having some difficulties with a few things that I won't get into details about, but let's just say it is getting to be too much. I've even started looking at other postings to see what is out there.
A friend of mine is a pastor of one close to home, Round Lake Christian Church and there would be minor "signs" that would edge me to go, then I'd back down. I had plenty of reasons (excuses, whatever you want to call them).
Then last weekend something happened with my daughter that renewed the idea. She found $50 in Walmart on the floor and she didn't know what to do. I asked her what her heart told her to do and looked at me as intense as I have ever seen her do so, and asked, "What if it is someone else's only money? I want to give it back to them." We talked about it and waited around for a bit, and no one came looking for it, so we turned it into the management. When I asked her how she felt about it, she said that she felt better knowing that if the rightful owner didn't come get it, it would be donated to a charity that needed it. Yes, that was one very big sign.
Then as I was waiting for my hubby and daughter to come back from a ride that Alex couldn't ride, I was checking my email and this image (above) was staring me straight in the face. It was the final sign it took for me to realize that I should go. I told hubby and he was agreeable to it and we told the kids it was our plans for Sunday morning.
What is really cool or a message - however you want to view this, Jesse, the pastor, spoke about how you cannot worship two masters (meaning God and money), your love for God should be first and the money issues will fall into place. Something I have to agree on. However, within his sermon this morning, he said this very thing and it all clicked into place. And as if I needed a "final nail in the coffin" to solidify that I am headed back in the right direction, my mother-in-law, without EVEN KNOWING that we were going back to church, went to church herself and had the SAME message!!!! It was wonderful!
So, my heart is lighter, my outlook is brighter and I am feeling closer to myself and how I felt before the tragedy hit. Life is getting back into a groove. My favorite holiday is coming and I am finally getting excited about it. :)
There is no real purpose in this post other than to fully acknowledge that I "get it" and my lessons are continuing. I have much to look forward to in the next couple of weeks. Preparing for Christmas, decorating, making my homemade goodies for friends, my mother in law is coming for a visit and I am feeling happy again. :) I miss you, Tom, but I am starting to see it now. Thank for for not beating me with the figurative sledgehammer too much, I'm getting back to it. :)
It is a bit funny how things happen, huh? I went to church one Sunday recently. I am going to go again soon. I wanted to go today but it's snowing so we will see about next week. Kelly, I really hope you and your family have the best holiday season! I'm sure you will make it special for the kids!
ReplyDelete