
Yep, today is Wednesday. And for some strange reason I still feel out of sorts. I'm about over my head cold (a gift from my visit to Pennsylvania in below freezing temps). I thought part of the "fuzziness" was due to the cold medications and trying to catch up on my sleep, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
It's not been a bad day for me. In fact I've made some progress on things I need to finish up this week and I finished up my team's annual reviews. (For me that's a major accomplishment, I hate giving them.)
My facebook feed is filled with all kinds of prayer requests and sadness over this last week. Friends have family that have passed away, surgeries, etc. It's almost like the months after Christmas accentuate the sad things for some (yes, I know, not everyone likes the holidays either).
I've said my prayers for them and I hope that God gives them a sign or the answers they seek.
I have always said to push through, though and I need to remember it so these things don't impact me to the point of me going into a depression cycle. I've noticed over the last few months at work, I have changed. I don't know if it's me getting more comfortable with what I am doing or realizing that I love what I do and taking more charge (yes, Suzanne I can hear you on that last part). Either way though, I have changed. Some would say they can't see it, others think it's not a good change. This is where I make my choices. I am happy with what I am doing and the plans we are putting into place.
You may ask yourself why I am rambling about this, well it has to do with my One Word - RELEASE. So I am practicing that today. I made choices today that have helped me along the way, I learn from them and I continue to move forward and make the best of everything. Life is meant to be lived. We aren't here to feel miserable. We're here to do good things. Even if they are small things or trivial things. To someone, they matter. And that's what matters to me...
No comments:
Post a Comment