Tuesday, December 31, 2013

And in 2 years time....

It has been two years since I have posted to this blog.  And WOW, what a difference. :)

Life has actually been good to me and my family and the year of 2013 is drawing to a close.

I was right in a lot of my last post.  I did learn to spend more time with my family.  The diet?  Not so much.  Work has turned around 180 degrees.  I can explain if you want in another post, but suffice it to say that my prediction was right and I no longer work for the nightmarish director.  In fact, I jumped ship a few months after that post and things have been climbing ever since.  I have my own group, I am happier and I like what I do.  What a change. :)

My kids continue to thrive and do well, my hubby is still my rock of life.  And it's been an AMAZING year.  Sure, it's had it's ups and downs and my first year as a manager has definitely been a learning experience.

My mom is still doing ok.  She's back to volunteering her time at Dr. Keithley's office and I think it's a good thing.  She gets out, she's busy (although at times, too busy...) but I am glad things are seemingly better.  There's still concerns with her BOOP and pancreatitis, but those things are being dealt with as they arise, just like any normal person would.

I am starting this blog back up for several reasons.

1.  I am getting tired of all of the negativity on Facebook and am getting to the point where I want to ignore it almost completely.  I still like talking to friends on it, but all of the political, religious and media focused bullshit is taking it's toll on me.  I conducted an experiment of my own while I was on vacation.  I rarely posted anything and you know what?  No one hunted me down for a status update.  I'm pretty sure I wasn't missed that much.  Which tells me, it is wasting my time these days.  How does that relate to this?  I am still the type of person who has to get things out in the open for me to deal with.  The only other way to do that without constantly bitching at my hubby is to put it on "virtual" paper.

2.  I really did like the layout of this blog and I think it fits me.  Plus I know many people can get to it if they so desire.

3.  I am not really looking to stir up controversy, this is for me to vent.  So if I type something on facebook that would be "over the top" I don't have 500 people commenting on it, quoting scripture, telling me how wrong I am or any of that.  To be honest, I am so critical of myself, I'm pretty sure I don't need help in that area anyway.

I welcome comments as long as they are nice and I like the feedback on a certain level, don't get me wrong, everyone likes to have someone talk to them (well, most people), but honestly, I'm tired of the crap.

Anyway, I will be back later tonight to talk about what I have learned/experienced through the year.

To those reading, thanks for sticking it through. :)  I'm looking forward to the new year.

Much love!

Kel

1 comment: