Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 - The Year that I clean up things...

Well, I have been thinking about this topic for a while now and I've done a lot of evaluations and internal debating (it's not as hard it sounds, I promise).


I have determine that there is a lot of cleaning that I need to do and I don't mean just in the house.  I mean internally, physically and in the house...  There's a lot of junk just hanging around that I need to dispose of - mental baggage that I just need to let go and keep on moving, weight that I need to lose/let go - this is on going and started way before the new year, I just need to keep it going and just normal junk in the house for decluttering and organizing.


I haven't set up a whole lot of goals that can be tracked yet, as one would expect, I have had a hard time keeping my mind on a steady track, much less my actual planning of things (that never turn out exactly as planned), but due to back injury the focus is not 'quite' there yet.  Which I hate.  As most of you know, I am a planner and I feel better in my life when I have a checklist of items that I can mark off as they get done and reorder for priority based on daily changes.  I just work that way, I am not sure why - (hush Suzanne, I know your saying "Control Freak" - we all know you're right, I just don't want to admit it again.).


THE ABSOLUTE #1 item is to continue spending time with my family.  This past year has been more fun and full of life, laughter and memories.  I attribute a lot of it to moving here to Florida where I have spend more time with them rather than working.  Who knew that the decision we made about 2 years ago would change my family this much?  it's been a lot of work, don't think it's come easy, it hasn't.  But it's been worth every minute. 


That being said, here is a list of a few things I have determined to keep in my "Agenda" for 2012:


1.  Continue working on losing weight - now that I have given up caffeine, it's time to focus on low/good carbs again.  My blood tests prove that this works for me and with -17 from the last 3 months, I think it's right.  Again - no exercise right now due to my back, but i am ready to get back to it and have a goal of 2 miles a day by the end of February.


2.  Organizing the kitchen downstairs and planning meals.  This goes hand in hand with #1.  In order for me to stick to the right way of eating and continue on my weight loss, my meals have to be planned.  I am really lazy about this so it's going to take a lot of work.  I'll be using the Kraft Foods website and the Weight Watchers recipes as well as Skinny Cooks crock pot for ideas.  I will also be investing in a small freezer to put into the garage to help me keep things ready to cook/eat to make it easier during the week.  Frank will also be helping on this.  Again - not a whole lot of time spent standing up this week, but as soon as I get clearance from the chiropractor, it's on! :)


3.  My desk - UGH - it's so cluttered right now it's killing me.  Wires, Disney pins, pens, medicine, business cards and just a bunch of technology... it's time to organize/clean.  I plan to have this done by end of January.


4.  Work - It's time to take matters into my own hands.  I made a prediction to a friend during happy hour to say that I would not be working for our director by the end of this year.  I have fully enabled this to be a major goal of mine.  I have taken several steps and called on the advice of quite a few friends.  Amazingly enough, they all agree that it's time for me to make a change of some sort.  There's a couple of people out there that are shrugging it off as a small threat.  But to be honest, especially after my planning meeting today - there is nothing else major to do in my position as it stands currently.  Since I have no desire to be a resource manager, I believe it's time to start those balls rolling.  I am damn good at what I do (normally I would think that's conceited and arrogant - but I truly believe that I always have done the best of my ability.  I continuously get great feedback from those I work with and I fully intend to keep it going.  It's part of what gives me the drive to do better.).  I would like to say thank you to those that have helped me along the way (Suzanne, Ric, Carlos, Art, Joanne, Danny L, Kristen and many more), you guys not only cheered me on, but you also challenged me to do more and better to keep raising the bar. I will never forget it and hope that it continues. :)


5.  The last thing I want to add to my list is to start playing more with my pictures.  I know I say this every year and we all know that this is my creative outlet.  I am not sure what direction I want to take with them, and you know what, I think that's ok.  As long as I am happy when I work on them, that's what matters.  Lately I have been printing off groupons that have canvas prints for $45 (16x20) and I have LOVE LOVE LOVED seeing my pictures in that size.  I even gave several away as gifts this year and I think those that received them were truly surprise and happy with them.  (Thankfully!)  I don't have a direction or a goal here other than to work on them more.  I have joined a group in facebook for a 52 week project (basically a picture a week) based on themes.  I am going to give it a shot and see how it goes.  I will be posting them here on my blog so stay tuned! :)


I think that really covers all I want to do, and should keep me very busy for the next month... 


We shall see!


Until l8r!


Kel



1 comment:

  1. Excellent agenda for 2012, Kelly. Sounds like you have a lot of things in mind to accomplish but great plans for all of them!

    ReplyDelete