Monday, April 20, 2009

Friends

I am a happy girl these days. Well, for the most part anyway. A couple of years ago, my best girlfriend moved off to Australia to experience life as she and her new husband should, which by the way, I was ecstatic for them to have the opportunity. I was sad to see her go, but to not support her in it, would have been stupid and devastating. Well, the good news (for me at least) is that she is coming home, 2 weeks from today!!! Hooray!!!

It couldn't happen at a better time either. I have not had a good run with friendships trying to build them up or start new ones since she has been gone.

In two years, I have only made a small handful of friends (in close proximity – this does not cover the bunches of great friends I have found online) and the ones that I have tried have not worked. In the first year, I had one friend completely abandon me, another one shortly after it went on a whirlwind of drama themed items that she withdrew into her own world and I rarely ever saw her afterwards. I have a few others who get a passing "hello there" and occasional emails, but no one has even compared to the love and trust that I have with Jen. In fact I wish she were here now, then I'd have my Jenny hug, a shoulder to lean on and an idea of how to settle a mental conflict that I have going on right now.

I think it is safe to say that Jen is the best friend (other than Frank) that I have ever had and just thought it would be nice for her to have it somewhere in writing to know that she is loved, missed and is sorely missed. J

I know she and I have both changed while she has been overseas, but if anything I think it will add new dimensions to our friendship and I look forward to someone who can listen to me rant and bitch, cry and moan and laugh without end and not expect anything else different.

I'm not sure if she feels the same for me, but based on conversations past, I would have to believe that there is a small bit of reciprocation.

So, to you Jenny, I love ya, miss ya and can't wait for you to get home!

1 comment:

  1. It is good to see it in writing - right back at you!
    Love you, Miss you, See you in 13 days!

    ReplyDelete