Saturday, April 11, 2009

Balance

Yep, I have a lot to say today. Things have been kind of haywired for me lately. My balance seemed off and I'm still trying to get back to it. Work has settled down for the moment, but is about to move to light speed again.

Balance it seems is the key to feeling happy with yourself for the most part. If any thing shifts, you have to take the time to readjust and rebalance. Sometimes its an easy fix, other times it takes a few adjustments to get it back to right.

I have been struggling lately with all the hobbies and things that I want to do. I have my kids, my husband, my photography, my FB – yes I love this – addiction or not, my Twitter stuff – I've actually learned quite a bit and found a few people I look forward to talking to, my gaming (DS, PS3) and then there is my blogging… as you can see it's quite the revolving tech world for me.

In addition to that, I have work which is right now back down to about 45-50 hours per week, but the next deadline is looming and it'll be back up to 50+ soon. Kelly with no creative outlets = unhappy, cranky Kelly. Where do you draw the line, how do you balance it? In the last blog, I vented about my sister in law and it always used to make me laugh when she'd tell us about how busy they are and how crazy their schedules have been (this was before Kaitlyn was born). Now she's a stay at home mom with both Henry and Kaitlyn and it just tears me up that they don't make time to go see Tom and Gale… but I digress…

Anyway, it has always been a challenge for me to balance my time between what I need to. I am seriously lucky to have my husband because he is the most tolerant, patient person I have ever met. He has helped so much through this change that I've gone through at work and personally. I know it's all an adjustment and that according to my birthsign I am supposed to be strongest during changes. Sometimes though, I just feel like if we could keep it on an even keel for just 2 months with no surprises, everything going right and schedules fitting in, I could actually learn to relax a bit instead of forcing myself to make time to do things that I like.

One day… I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment