OK, Here I sit, watching the Matrix, yet again in the dark. Hubby is almost asleep and the cat is curled up behind his knees on her way to dreamland as well.
Me? Wide awake, for the moment, wondering how I let the entire day slip by without getting anything done. Oh, don't get me wrong... I did the bare minimum at work today and I was able to get the kitchen cleaned. I have the paperwork ready to go get a copy of Ashleigh's SS card for kindegarten and the map to the SS office to do so. I have Ashleigh's paperwork finished for the registration, I made the car payment for this month and I am waiting for it to post to the account so I can call the bank account before calling for the payoff amount... yes, uncle sam is going to help me finally make it mine! :) Yeah!!!
But yet, I still got nothing of value at work done today. I will be spending most of tomorrow morning in the SS office and that will be another 1/2 day wasted for work. Last week I didn't have an issue with it, in fact I was back in my "prime" with meeting deadlines and creating beautiful documents to go with it. Granted it was my 3rd week of busting my ass, as well as my co-workers doing the same, but what is causing the lack of motivation to get it done now? Is it burn out, feeling that there is no light at the end of the tunnel or just sheer not wanting to work?
Who knows... all I know is that tomorrow I will have to work on my training for SSRS more and I need to get some things automated for a report that only 5 charts out of maybe 20 that were created, are used. I think that is what set me off today. The crap that went into an executive trending report last week took me and another resource 30 hours to work on. Once that was completed and I saw an example of where that data is actually used? It used 5 charts. Hardly worth the effort that we put into it.
So yeah, I guess that's the root of the problem today. I have to get over this and get it finished with the automation so I can move past it. Will things get better for our group or will it continue through this downhill turn until we all crash and burn? I hope it's around the year I retire or something else better finally comes along.
I'm babbling and the movie is almost over. I guess I'll close for now...
Until l8r,
Kel
No comments:
Post a Comment