Sunday, March 28, 2010

OMG, Has it really been a month????

You know, it’s funny.  I’ve been trying for two weeks to figure out how to write what I am thinking.  There is so much going on right now, it’s a wonder I am still somewhat sane.

Yesterday was Alex’s 4th birthday.  Dear God where has my baby gone.  I have an adorable little boy in his place.  His eyes sparkle and shine, just like his sister’s and he seems to be happy for the most part.  I am hoping that we are moving towards the positive side of things now.  I am so proud of the success he has had in the past several weeks.  My kids are my life (along w/my hubby) and I am so blessed to have them all.  Loving life at this point, just very very busy and stressed at the same time.  It seems impossible, but it’s true.

Between work, Alex and his new day care, life in general and other things, I haven’t had time to turn around and breathe.  I’m working on it, although I don’t think there is going to be any relief until Friday of this week.  I took Good Friday off.  I think it is a well deserved day off for so many reasons.

Let’s start with the plans for this week.

Monday – Work – normal schedule
Tuesday – work – pack up early and head to Tifton where we will spend the rest of the week.
Wednesday – work (from Tom’s, al beit transparent to anyone else – other than those who read this blog – which I think is few.. give a shout if you’re reading please), then Tom’s retirement Dinner.  Should prove to be interesting.  We are presenting something to Tom in the dinner and Housten will be there.  I know… right?!?  OMG.  Kim and the kids won’t be there, but he will.  Guaranteed, no confrontation.  I’ll guarantee it.

Thursday – work – again transparent
Friday – off

Alex’s new day care is working out wonderfully.  We are already going to start potty training, his moods have calmed quite a bit and he doesn’t seem as stressed as before.  Thank you GOD.  3 weeks ago, it was a horrible bitter end to the last day care.  Without getting into too much detail, he had 4 incidents in 2 days and I pulled him out.  We haven’t heard back from the therapist yet on the rest of his testing and for some reason, I don’t have the warm fuzzy that we are going to. L He’s happy right now and things are improving, so I am taking the wait and see approach. 

The house – well, they have the form boards for the foundation up, but that’s it.  We are STILL waiting on permits.  I’m about ready to go to Lake County and have them tell me what the process is and why it is taking so effing long.  Both the builder’s agent (and why wouldn’t she) and my real estate agent (a little more on the warm and fuzzy feeling side) are telling me it’s not time to panic… YET.  OK, I’ll TRY to keep that in mind.  Me being the impatient person I am, not doing so good with it.

My best friend Jen?  She’s doing great, she’s in her 2nd trimester w/the baby and everything is doing good.  I’m so excited for them! (and no offense Jen, glad it’s not me now.. although she is where I was when I had Alex, so it’s a good time… enjoy every minute of it, you will blink and it will be like fast forwarding… trust me)

Speaking of best friends, I finally broke the barrier with Tina, my cousin today.  It was soooo cool to know that we were talking like we hadn’t been apart (well, except for me trying to get an inventory of all my 2nd cousins now… holy cow! We have our own clan down there!).  One of my younger cousins’, Traci, oldest daughter is supposed to be having her baby today.  The first grandchild for my generation.. OMG, I SWEAR I am not that old!!!  So, congrats to Megan, I hope the baby (and mommy) are happy and healthy.

But in reaching out to Tina today, it felt like my dad was smiling on me.  Tina and I were sooo close growing up (she’s ll months older than me) and we were always good friends together.  We would not see each other for years and then get back together and it was like we were never apart (except for the catch up on what we were doing).  Today was no exception.  It felt so good to talk to her and hear of how well she was doing with the kids. I really missed having her to talk to, she never once failed to make me laugh hysterically when we were together.  I so miss that.

I surprised her and told her that we were moving closer to her.  She lives in Chiefland, FL about an hour away from where I work.  It’ll be interesting to catch up with everyone again. 

I’m hoping that when I go back down to Florida again that I’ll be able to take some time out to go see her or meet halfway or something.  Mom also is thinking about coming with me and Jen (depending on when I go).  Fun times! J  I’m excited.

Well, that’s the quick update from me.  Not sure when I’ll get to update again… Thanks for reading and as always,

Until l8r…

Kel

1 comment:

  1. "give a shout if you’re reading please"

    HEY I STILL READ! :P

    ReplyDelete