
I just posted a saying from my favorite new facebook application called Status Shuffle. I thought I had the gift for being a smart ass until I read some of theirs. Needless to say, I am in love with it. The one I just posted however, was not a smartassed remark, it's the truth. "Tough times don't last, tough people do." I have not seen a more appropriate quote in some time.
These are tough times indeed, and not just from a screwed up country point of view. I have two friends who are battling lung cancer after having battled breast cancer. One friend who is battling a terminal illness (I'll not even try to explain it other than they need a liver transplant). One friend who is going through the first 4 months of a pregnancy only to find that there is no heartbeat. One friend whose husband is in constant pain but they cannot determine what the cause is. My mother is battling her depression and illness by herself. Another whose father broke his neck – luckily survived a fall and now is battling an infection of the pins, had them removed to heal and now is waiting for the infection to completely clear. I mean seriously, have I hit that age where everything and everyone is in constant drama/trauma or is there a place of calm to come?
It's been 3 weeks since the class reunion that I was stressing about. It went really well. I had a better time hanging out with Brandy, Ben and Frank taking pictures (those which I haven't had time to work on…) than at the party itself – no offense to anyone, but I am just not a party girl anymore. L Damn aging process.
Since we have returned I feel like I had been going non-stop until yesterday. I've been working overtime for work trying to get reports ready for our application and the sharepoint site that we have in production. Seems pretty "minimized" when it's in writing but when you think about the importance of your job and how it's important to continue getting that paycheck, then it's not so minimal is it? Especially when everyone you know who was laid off in January is still w/out a job with only one or two exceptions.
I've been through some emotional battles. It is mostly on my part of not wanting to let go, selfish mommy that I am. This past week was the first week that we have not taken our kids to the daycare we have used for 4 years. Although I like the drive to the new one, I miss the teachers that I trusted and that loved my kids almost as if they were their own children.
Ashleigh started Kindergarten this week. The first day was not a good one for me. I cried all the way up the hill back to the house and just had problems concentrating during the day. It got better though when I saw how much she really has enjoyed it and she loves being in school. I know its part of her growing up and it's a struggle just for me personal thing to work through. In light of things mentioned above, it's pretty trivial huh?
Yesterday was a total crash day. I didn't leave the house, I didn't do much other than cook a little easy dinner and take a nap (2 ½ hours J). I am feeling more like myself, however I know it's yet to start again tomorrow when that 6a alarm starts going off. God help me. I know we'll get used to it eventually, but I really wish school started in September like it used to.
So anyway, that is the update on us, maybe one day, I will actually get to work on pictures again too. God how I miss it.
Until later…
Kel
No comments:
Post a Comment