You know, I’ve taken Ashleigh and Alex down to see Grandpa and Gale on so many occasions and I normally take pictures, duh… it’s a given down there that I must have camera in hand. I think there has only been one time that I didn’t bring it and I later regretted it.
But, this time I had camera in hand with a purpose. I normally stalk them when they are out and about, just so I can catch those moments. Usually it’s her sitting on his lap on the tractor, as seen here:
And then this time, they had a purpose, they were going to build a duck box (BTW, I need to ask how the ducks are doing, I don’t even know if they shipped yet or not). Granted they didn’t get it finished, but she helped him tremendously in the build.
First step? Survey the materials and scope of the project:
Second step, start measuring to scope:
Draw the lines where they need to go:
Keep checking the progress and adjust as needed:
Even get some hands on practice (not sure I was thrilled with my accident prone child handling a hammer, but that’s neither here nor there):
But in the end, even if you get tired before the end, dirty faces and smiling faces like this:
And precious moments like this:
And memories that last a lifetime, like this:
Yep, I love my visits down to South Georgia.









No comments:
Post a Comment