Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Well, it's the day before Thanksgiving and usually, every year, I take the week off. For some strange reason though, I didn't do that this year. (what a mistake that was!) I am so not into working today.

My mom has come into town and we are supposed to go shopping, I've already been to the grocery store and bought stuff to make the goodies for tomorrow. That place was empty this morning. I guess everyone was sleeping in.

So here I sit, watching email on my work pc and surfing the internet on the other pc and I start to think. (OMG, here she goes again!)

Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful, so in order to pass the time I am going to list out items I am thankful for (big and small):

1. Most importantly, my family. My kids and husband, mom, father-in-law and his wife, and my extended family - brother in law, sister in law, nephew and niece
2. Having a job - this is so hard to come by these days. I heard yesterday from a friend of mine that one of our mutual friends was laid off... 2 days before Thanksgiving??? For the love of God folks, if you knew a lay off was coming, do it in October or something. They just changed the lives forever of her family and they probably knew about the possibility a month or two ago. I understand that companies are all about business these days, but damn, come on! The sad thing is, I know more of this is happening (maybe not in my company but somewhere) and to have it happen right now is probably a cause in the suicide or homicidal mania rise that happens at the holiday season.
3. My friends - Although she maybe a 1/2 of a world away, my best friend is still a blessing to me. Granted I am bitten with jealousy a tad due to her location and what she is able to experience, but I am very glad that she has had the opportunity. I have many other friends, from work and other, but they seem to be culling themselves out again due to changes in time and growth and just living. I am sure new ones will be along soon, it usually comes in cycles. I'm good with what I have and will be even more blessed when the new ones show up. =)
4. A house over my head that I am able to pay for
5. Food in said house
6. Nice tech toys to play with
7. Movies to watch
8. Games to play and many consoles to play them on.
9. so many more things, but since mom is here, I'll stop for now.

Until later!

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment