Well, it's 10:00 ET, and here we sit on the flight to San Jose. We are almost there, probably about another 50 minutes before we land. I have attempted to watch the movie they provided, I think I made it 15 minutes into it before I started looking for diversions. Magazines, ipod, freecell, spider solitare… ugh… the throws of boredom without internet access. It's amazing how dependent us geeks have grown on it.
Now we are watching Men In Trees. Must be more interesting than the movie, of course it's only about 45 minutes long, but that should get us there. I'm listening to the soundtrack to the General's Daughter.. Note to self, bring DVD next time I fly this long.
I am curious to know how Frank is making it with the kids. Alex supposedly had a fever while @ school of 102, however, when he picked him up, he didn't seem warm. We'll see. Let's just say that Frank wasn't thrilled with the idea of Alex not being able to go to school tomorrow. He'll be ready to kill them before I get home, I am sure.
So far the trip has been smooth. Mom is doing ok on the flight. A bit restless as anyone should be 4 hours into a single flight, much less the second leg of a trip that started before lunch today. My day started early, as usual, Lexie and Maya decided to wake the entire household this morning at 6:something with an argument that seemed to last 5 minutes. Somehow Ashhleigh was able to figure out how to play with her Dora toys to let Frank and I sleep in a bit. (Thank goodness! Maybe she'll continue the pattern for Frank over the weekend) Then we got up, got dressed, I took them to daycare – that wasn't easy since I won't see them until Wednesday morning. Then I finished up some emails, then packed, barely got the thing under the limit. Guess I'll have to wear the heavy shoes home to be able to bring something home, either that or have it shipped home. Then, I was able to meet up with Jen on the way down to the airport! Yeah!! She looks fantastic. She actually has a tan… who woulda thought? I'll get to spend all day Wednesday with her and then take her to the airport on Thursday. A sad day I am sure, but I have a feeling they will be home soon. She keeps saying that they are hoping to stay at least until May or June. That tells me that they are expecting to get notice soon. Oh well, at least they will get the experience of being over there. They are planning to go to Sydney over the Easter holiday. I told Terry I fully expect pictures of the Opera House.
Speaking of pictures… I am SOOOO hoping that this trip will give the results I am looking for as far as pictures go. I am dying to have a crisp clear picture of the Golden Gate bridge. And I think that Mary said that she and I would go to the redwoods on Saturday. Woo Hoo!!!!
IT's about 10:30 now.. I'm still searching for things to type about because I am tired of the cheap games that come with windows. May have to ask Mary to borrow a dvd on the way home to mail back to her.
We still haven't gotten any news on the re-organization. It leaves me wondering if it will come out while I am on vacation – that's how it usually happens. It will be interesting to see what happens to a lot of the teams I work with. It has to be a major under taking if Kristen is making special appearance during her maternity leave, something must be up.
Ok, so at what part to the words start flowing? I've been sitting here for about 20 minutes without anything to type. And now, I have time…. Packing up for landing… 30 minutes away…
No comments:
Post a Comment